The Caring Community Committee, led by Wendy Jacobson, LISW, seeks to create an atmosphere of loving-kindness for our congregation and our community.
- To create a warm and caring environment for our congregation.
- To provide congregants with opportunities for meaningful intra- and intergenerational connection to each other and to the larger community.
Some ways you can get involved:
- Community Kitchen: Volunteer to bake with fellow congregants to show our support for our members suffering a loss.
- Volunteers are needed to deliver cookie trays to shiva homes, welcoming bags to our new members, and special treats to some of our congregants over holidays.
- Write notes or make calls: Volunteer to reach out to fellow congregants of all ages to acknowledge both happy and sad occasions.
- Memorial Day project: Volunteer with others from our temple community to place flags on the graves of Jewish veterans as a way to honor those who served our country.
- Local community projects: Participate by volunteering your time and/or making donations to various organizations in the larger community.
To learn more about our Caring Community, please reach out to Wendy Jacobson, Caring Community Coordinator, or call 216-447-9542.