The Caring Community Committee, led by Wendy Jacobson, LISW, seeks to create an atmosphere of loving-kindness for our congregation and our community.
- To create a warm and caring environment for our congregation.
- To provide congregants with opportunities for meaningful intra- and intergenerational connection to each other and to the larger community.
Some ways you can get involved:
- Community kitchen: Volunteer to cook or bake with fellow congregants to provide physical and emotional nourishment to those in our temple community who are ill or suffering a loss.
- Write notes or make calls: Volunteer to reach out to fellow congregants of all ages to acknowledge both happy and sad occasions.
- Memorial Day project: Volunteer with others from our temple community to place flags on the graves of Jewish veterans as a way to honor those who served our country.
- Welcome new members: Volunteer to reach out to new members to help them feel a part of our congregational community.
- Local community projects: Participate by volunteering your time and/or making donations to various organizations we assist, such as Providence House, MedWish, and Ronald McDonald House.
To learn more about our Caring Community, please reach out to Wendy Jacobson, Caring Community Coordinator, or call 216-447-9542.