Fairmount Temple’s Early Childhood Center has been awarded Five Stars, the highest possible, from Step Up To Quality, a rating and improvement system administered by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- to create a warm and inviting environment that allows and encourages your child to grow and flourish with the help and direction of trained Early Childhood Educators.
- to encourage each child’s potential through exploration and discovery.
- to help each child grow socially, cognitively, emotionally, physically, creatively and spiritually.
- to provide our children with the best possible education to make the transition to primary school successful.
Our Early Childhood Center welcomes family participation in the academic experience to strengthen the home-school connection. Fairmount Temple’s Early Childhood Center is more than just a preschool; we are an extended family. Our children and parents feel connected to our excellent staff and inviting synagogue – creating a unique community.
Why choose Fairmount Temple Early Childhood Center?
- We are a progressive, state of the art learning facility, providing programming that pursues best practices in both secular and Jewish education.
- Devoted teachers with an average of 10 years’ experience at Fairmount Temple.
- The Darcy Alter playground with slides, a stone garden, outdoor musical area, path for riding little bike and small picnic tables under a covering. There is also huge indoor playroom and a new Discovery Garden, supported by the Gloria and Irving Fine Foundation and Amy & Larrie Nadler.
- Programs for those 18 months and older, children do not need to be toilet trained.
- Open on the Jewish holidays of Sukkot, Simchat Torah and Shavuot, unique commitment among Cleveland Jewish preschools.
- Options for extended day care and other extended programs.
- Interaction with our rabbis and cantor from their visits to the classroom, weekly Shabbat Sing-a-longs, to our visits to the Clergy offices for Purim parades and holiday celebrations.
- In addition to our wonderful classroom environments, we create opportunities to learn through play, music, activities and visits to the library.
- Summer programs
216-464-1752 or email Director Jane Mayers. Jane can also give you information about our Fairmount Temple programs and services for preschool families like our monthly Simchat Shabbat, a short service with prayers and song for families with preschool age children.
Please note that due to Covid 19, programs/schedules are subject to change.