Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple offers educational Jewish experiences for learners of all ages. Our Religious School programming serves children in Pre-K through 12th grade.
We strive to create pathways for our students to become connected meaningfully with Jewish life.
We see Jewish education as an opportunity to build thriving relationships to Jewish life by exploring our traditions, experiencing rituals, and engaging in hands-on learning. By bringing our sacred texts to life, we help build Jewish literacy. By creating a community of learners, we build a foundation for the Jewish community of future generations to flourish. By engaging in building relationships, we make Judaism relevant and resonant for our students and their families.
Ours is an inclusive, dynamic community of learning. We focus on care, connection, and kindness as we explore traditions, rituals, and teachings from generations past and learnings from today. Fairmount Temple’s educational programming is joyful, curious, and connective.
To see this year’s Religious School Calendar, click here.
Ways to get involved
Lower School Programming
- Our Lower School serves students in Pre-K through 6th grade. We meet Sunday mornings throughout the school year. Our students engage in community building, t’filah (prayer experiences), and learning Hebrew and Judaic content.
- We are proud to offer our Pre-K program at no cost, regardless of membership at Fairmount Temple. If you have a child in Pre-K, we’d love to help welcome them to our educational programming!
- Sunday mornings are also a wonderful time for volunteering. We have 40 teen madrichim (teaching assistants) who serve our Lower School community each week. If your teen would like to join our madrichim team, we welcome them!
- If you’re looking for a dynamic weekday program for your 18-month-old through Pre-K student, please be in touch with our Early Childhood Program Director Holly Green.
Upper School Programming
- Our Upper School serves students in 7th-12th grade. We meet Monday evenings throughout the school year. Our Upper Schoolers learn together, engage in elective coursework around their areas of interest, and build a community together.
- Our Upper School programming is run in collaboration with our broader teen programming.We invite you to learn more about our Religious School by contacting Staci Cohen, Religious School Director, or click here to see more.
To register online, click here.